Work + Life Planning: The search for the perfect planner

By 2:18 PM , , , ,


woman pulling hair


Lately, I have been on the hunt.  The hunt for the perfect planner for work and life balance.  With all the things that I do, I need a lot of space and particulars in my planner.

What Areas of my Life that I need to cover:
  • Work: I work in the medical field and I have to follow a load of federal, state, and company guidelines.  I have very specific time limits for records.  And in order for the office to run smoothly, I need to be organized and run like a well greased wheel.
  • Web Design: I build web sites on the side and when I have a project going, I can get lost in the minor details.  You would not believe what actually goes in to building a website.  There are facets that have time limits and items that can NOT be completed before other items.  Lack of organization can cause the build to slowly creep or come to a halt. 
  • Crochet: All crochet items take quite a bit of time.  I like to track when an order needs to be done, when it needs to be mailed/delivered, how many rows I need to accomplish per day to finish it on time, etc.  
  • Blogging: Like web design, there are many facets to blogging.  Tracking, posts, ads, comments, actual writing time and concepts: these are just a few of the areas.  To be organized is to be successful.
  • Home/Personal: We all need a little organization in our personal lives.  I see my home as a personal hotel.  There has to be planning and prepping for it to run smoothly.  Laundry has to be done at a certain time so that I am SURE that everyone has a nice bed to sleep in, fresh towels, clean clothes for the next day.  Also, no one wants to be sick and face to face with a dirty toilet bowl!
disorganized
What I am currently using to plan:
  • Work: I have a small planner that I carry in my purse that I jot down the hours that my honey and I have worked.  Then I also have a folder at work that holds various printed emails and hand written notes to remind me of certain things.  Then I have a LARGE desktop calendar to track holidays as well as drug rep luncheons, etc.  Pretty much I am all over the place.
  • Web Design:   I have about four spiral bound notebooks that I do nothing but jot down various information in no organized way.  Its all random, not even written straightly on the lines (most of the time it's written diagonally across the page in the middle of a blank notebook and on the half of the page that has not been ripped out).  Needless to say, this area is a mess.
  • Crochet:  Most of the time I do NOT have anything written down and wing it all.  Any information that I do need is stored online or written on the pattern that I need (or have written).  No organization in finances (other than just keeping everything in a folder).
  • Blogging:  This is the biggy!  I have been researching and hunting.  Right now, I'm just winging it.  I have jotted various things down on scrap papers and online.  This is where I found out that I am a pen and paper girl.  Doing my blog planning on my blog back office or online is NOT helping keep me organized at all. 
  • Home/Personal: I have a big black notebook calendar that I keep at home.  The small one that I keep in my purse. A journal that i keep at home. Various and numerous notebooks that I hot down in. My cell phone that I keep things up with. Numerous failed attempts at printing and trying to use others planners as well as online programs for planning.
Currently, I feel like I am all over the place!  I saw a great ad for a planner that was called The Passion Planner.  But, when I clicked the link, they weren't doing calendars until March of this year.  That's not helping me at the moment.

This is what I am looking for:
  • A single place for everything! Oh how wouldn't that be nice.  All the planning in one single place. One planner to track everything.
  • Work and Life Balance.  Make sure that I am balancing out my happy things with the things that I have to stay on top of.
  • Time Management. I will be able to see where I am spending most of my time. As well as, seeing where I am wasting most of my time.
  • Task Planning.  This is a nice little thing that I came up with.  Where I plan my tasks to avoid time wasting.  For instance: I do all my errands on one day and strategically plan my trek through the different places in town without back tracking or running like crazy all over the place.
  • Brainstorming.  I want to be able to track ideas and random thoughts that I have.  I have tons of random thoughts LOL  Hence all the notebooks that I have around the house that have completely random things written randomly throughout the pages HAHAHAHA


This is what I have decided to do:

I have decided that I just want to create my own!!  Once I get it put together I will most likely be sharing pages on here.  The objective here is to see if I can put together what all I want in a single planner.....maybe offer it for sale when it is good to go and I use it well.  Right now it is time to plan and then on to trial and error.

Do you have any ideas for the planner?  What would you like to see in your work + life balance planner? 

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments