30 days of letters: Day 17

By 10:00 AM ,

Write a letter to someone from your childhood.

Dear Mrs. Fairchild,

I absolutely loved you and your class.  You challenged us.  You challenged me.  you inspired me to do more than I thought I was capable.  Many times recently, I find myself thinking that you saw something in me that I still struggle to see.  A success story.

Thank you for encouraging me to lead a team on the stock market team.  I still can't believe that I actually won.  I really had no idea what I was doing.  I wonder if you were still teaching, if you would still be passing out my poetry for learning prose and symbolism.  I am writing a book by the way.  I am positive that would put a smile on your face.

When I heard you were retiring, I felt like our high school was loosing one of its best teachers.  You are a truly fabulous and inspiring woman.

Thank you once again,
Danielle

You Might Also Like

0 comments