Book Review: 101 Secrets for Your Twenties

By 5:58 PM

Recently I finished reading the book, 101 Secrets for Your Twenties by Paul Angone.





"Even if life feels like you're driving through a blizzard right now- you can't see a thing, the roads are slick, and there's a very real fear you might get stuck and not be able to get out- I promise, come morning when the sun does what it always does, the beauty around you will make the hard drive to get there so worth it." ~Paul Angone 101 Secrets for Your Twenties (p. 202)



The Book as a Whole and the Author 
I must say, Paul Angone knows how to grab a reader and keep them intrigued.  Angone starts the book with a kick and giggle.  He covers just about every topic that a 20-something person could possibly conceive.  I wish I would have found this book in my early twenties, instead of after I have been through it all.  I suspect that is why MANY of the tips made me burst out laughing.  Many tips were great, accompanied with witty remarks that kept me giggling and wanting to keep reading.  Throughout the book, there are also WONDERFUL LIFE TIPS that are more serious and well worth reading!!  From faith to work to relationships, Angone knows what he is talking about.

My Favorite Parts
My favorite tip in the whole book discusses finding "The ONE", you know.....the ONE that you are supposed to meet and marry.  I find that even though I am mostly through my twenties, I still needed this tip.  Angone talks about what you really need to find and that THE ONE may just be as big a myth as a unicorn.  Instead we should be looking for someone that is THE FOUR: best friend, lover, business partner, and wartime ally.  I won't disclose everything in depth; I did find this tip the most fascinating and relevant.

What I Got From The Book
I absolutely LOVED this book.  Everything about the wittiest and smarty-pants -ness of the whole book deeply enthralls me.  I love sarcasm and Angone tickles that sweet spot with this book.  The tips are so hilarious because they are so true.  If you are a beginning "twenty to lifer" (LOL) GET THIS BOOK!!

I give it:


The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for this review.

If you would like to connect with Danielle further, Join her on Facebook at Crochetto
So my questions to you are:
  • Have you read this book?
  • What other advice for your twenties would you share with others?

You Might Also Like

0 comments